Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Dad, My Hero.

I have never truly understood the meaning behind that title. I have now.

Its a little too late for me to realize this now, but my dad truly is my hero.

He may not shoot laser beam from his eyes, he obviously can't lift a car with his bare hand, and he never wear his underwear outside his pants (Thank God!), but for me, he is everything that I want in a man.

No, he is not perfect. His major flaw is alcohol, but other than that, he is what I call the complete package.

I'm sorry for not treating you well all these years dad, I went through a decade long phase called teenage life. I will treat you better from now on though. For a hero deserves at least that. Being treated well.

My rock hard exterior is only a cover for my marshmallow heart, so as much as I want to tell him all these thoughts in person, I can't because he won't understand a thing I'm saying through the sobs and the choked up tears.

He is going through a rough life currently, and it kills me for being helpless. There's nothing I'm able to do to help ease the pain. I feel so guilty for being useless.

I feel so blessed to have a father like you dad. All your flaws and great qualities are what made me the independent girl that I am today. I just realized this as I am typing it, but it was you who shaped me to become who I am now. And for that, I thank you.

I hope you pull through victoriously from the troubles you're facing. We need you for a much longer time. You won't let me walk down the aisle alone will you?

Dad, be strong. I may not say this very often, but I feel it all the time. I love you so much. All I want is for you to be healthy and happy.

A hero is a symbol of hope. So, my symbol of hope is you dad.

Again, I love you.

From the bottom of my heart,
Staceylin Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment