Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chasing my lifelong dream.

I'm dreading the 22nd of April. But I also want it to come so I can be over with this event. Don't get me wrong. I have always wanted to do charity work, but organizing a charity event? Not as easy as it looks.

So, Rumah Kanak-kanak Kota Kinabalu (RKK) is a government owned safe house for abused, neglected and orphaned children. The government takes care of them until they reach 18, which is when they are let go, to live on their own in the big old world.

On one of our trip to RKK for research, we got to know a lot better the stories that these unfortunate kids have. Seriously, whose heart doesn't break when you see a toddler, left by her own mother, being taken care of by strangers? Some are even being tested for HIV. So sad.

Makes me make a double check on all the things that I complaint about in my life when the truth is, I may be one of the luckiest girl in the world.

I just hope what we are trying to do with the donation campaign and all, it helps lessens the burdens faced by these kids. We will never be able to give them a life they wish they had because we're not magicians, but we can help them feel happy and remain positive.

Hopefully when the day comes, all will go as planned and flow smoothly like mango smoothie.

And after that, I will dye my hair blonde. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment