Sunday, April 22, 2012

Worth every sweat and tear.

Sooooo..it's the 23rd of April!!

I'm extremely glad the event went well and everyone had a blast. Tiring to the max? Yes. But worth it? Definitely.

We were able to make mini libraries for the kids. Even made cute flowers and butterflies. I knew I had some artsy talent! Well, a teeny tinsy bit lah.

The activities were hectic. The children were, well you can say a bit out of hand. Can't blame them. They have different stories that are absolutely heart breaking.

Speaking of heart breaking stories, there was this one girl, so cute, wearing a neon green tudung. For some reason, she avoided contact with our boys, more like cringed when they touched her. Turns out, her reason was because, she was raped by her own uncle. When she was six. And she's still a little girl now. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of hell she had to go through. Safe to say, I cried on the spot upon hearing her story. There were more.

Some kids had burn marks. Scars. And the way they said it oh so casually, "kana tuang air panas ba ni, bapa saya." was even more heart breaking. My dad would never ever do that to any of us. What kind of dad would do such cruel thing?

Enough. I might bleed my eyes out if I continue on.

So, the food was great. Thank you so much to Culinary Arts and Bakery & Pastry students for their hard work and effort. Not forgetting our lecturers who gave tremendous support, we would've went no where without their guidance.

All in all, I believe it was a success. Looking forward to more charity programs in the future. But after I take a huge ass break. Oh and dye my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment