Saturday, August 6, 2011

Reflection entry Four

How do you learn from others?

Learning is a never ending process. We began when we were toddlers and still continue to this day. It doesn't matter how old or how young you are, learning is something we all have the rights to do. For most of us that were fortunate enough to be given the chance to learn, cherish it. Knowledge is the one thing that can get you through life, victoriously.

Having said all that, HOW do you learn? Scratch that. Let me revise my question. How do you learn from OTHERS? We may not see it, but most of the time, we learn through others. The easiest example would be, learning from our teachers and lecturers.

Unfortunately, people have been divided between the ones with good grades and the ones with bad grades. Which is very typical all around the world. Which is also something that needs to be changed. We were all born with a brain, therefore, we were all born intelligent. No one is born to be stupid. It is just a matter of what kind of intelligence you posses.

Take me for example. If you ask me mathematical questions, it would feel like you're asking me to solve the hunger crisis. But if you ask me to make a rhyme or read out loud a tongue twister, it would feel like eating a piece of cake (not to exaggerate, but I'm being very humble here). Why? Because apparently I am a linguistic person.

So, how do I learn from other people that posses other intelligence? Free tutorials. By free tutorials I meant by observing them closely. That's how I do it, at least personally. Also, never shy away from asking questions about anything that you cannot understand. Trust me, it is better to ask than forever be in the dark. A simple "How do you do that?" might result in you being able to bake a cake. Or being able to drive a manual car. Do not be scared of 'stupid questions'. No such thing.

Even after graduating from college, the learning process will still go on. Never stop learning because knowledge is a man's ultimate weapon.



No comments:

Post a Comment