Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reflection Entry Two


Growing Up.




And YOU thought life was hard?

Nick Vujicic will forever be an inspiration for me to strive in life and keep living to the fullest. I absolutely cannot imagine being born into this world with no limbs, but he was, and somehow he managed to live a life much more meaningful than most of us with a perfect pair of arms and legs. Shame on us.

Growing up, all I can say is that I am one lucky girl. We may not live in a mansion, but we are not living in a broken down hut either. We may not eat lavish dinners, but we are not scrapping for a bite to eat either. We may not have a Ferrari, but we are not walking on foot either. All in all, I have a pretty darn good life, and I'm certainly not complaining. Especially after I heard the story of one Nick Vujicic.

Growing up, I have met a lot of different people. Some I respect, some I cringe even at hearing their names. Growing up means you grow out of your old habits. The bad ones. When you get older, you are suppose to act more mature. So when I meet someone older than me, but acts worse than a five year old, I cringe for that someone and hope to dear God for them to change before it gets too late.

When I was younger, I would say when I grow up, I want to be this, I want to have that. Now that I am older, I see myself changing and now I want to be that and I want to have this. This realization made me realize that the world is a stage, and we are merely its players. We can plan and want all we want, but it all happens only if God wills it.

So, when you meet people like Nick, don't feel bad for them, cause they never did. In fact, feel bad for those that cannot cherish life and live a meaningless life. When you meet ungrateful people like these, say it to their face, get a life and count your blessing.






No comments:

Post a Comment