Friday, June 8, 2012

Break my heart why don't you?

Here's a story.

Last Tuesday, me and lil sis Shany went to KK to show off the Beverly Hills apt that we're selling to a potential renter. It was a fruitless trip as the potential renter didn't have much potential after all. But that's not the story.

After that so called business transaction, we went to Megalong for some retail therapy. Mind you, my wallet was on the brink of emptiness. So, I vowed (snerk) to be extra careful with my spending. So for a while all I did was look around while my sis did all the shopping. (Annoying sister with a job and paychecks every month. grah)

As the story goes, we went into a small boutique. At first I was just going to look around, see all the pwetty bags I couldn't afford. Then, one of my biggest weakness appeared in front of me.

The shop was run by an elderly couple.

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

The uncle was so so soooo excited when we entered. Even more so after I grab one of the bags on display. Lucky me it was on discount. Watching his hopeful expressions, I couldn't help but reach for my wallet.

And, his expression when I said I was going to buy the bag, was PRICELESS. Nearly killed me then and there. My sister noticed it too. Maybe due to our up bringing, we're all softies when it comes to the elderlies. He said thank you thank you and we left. Both shaken with, not sympathy, just.....pure sadness. To see that much enthusiasm over a RM28 bag, I was overwhelmed with emotions.

So much so that I urged lil sis to go back to the shop and buy something. A dress maybe. Haha. And she did. The uncle was shocked but he looked grateful, which was like another hammer hit to our hearts.

Back home, we didn't tell mum and dad. We'd be grilled to death. Spending money like we had our own bank. Maybe it's just a business stunt. Done to attract sympathy from buyers. But I don't care. I won' care. If it is that way, genius. Cause it worked on us.

I hope we at least helped that elderly couple a little. I really hope they get to enjoy the last years of their lives comfortably, not breaking their backs looking after a shop. That's what I would want for my grandparents.

Thankfully, it is what they are currently doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment