Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Double Six Tragedy

I am mentally slapping, kicking and bitching my self. For being an ignorant brat.

I've been alive for two decades and TODAY only I learn about this extremely important part of Sabah's history? Great job Teng. Been feeding off your state, not knowing its history. You should be proud. *clap clap*

So, for those of you who's in the same boat as me (a moment of silence for our ignorance), just finding out about this fact, on the 6th of June 1976, hence the name Double Six (still don't get it? June 6th is 06.06., so now you get it?) a plane coming in from Labuan, carrying then CM, Tun Fuad Stephens, Datuk Salleh Sulong, Datuk Peter Mojuntin, Chong Thien Vun, and Darius Binion, crashed in the sub-district of Sembulan in Kota Kinabalu.

Others who perished were Datuk Wahid Peter Andau, Dr. Syed Hussein Wafa, Isak Atan, Corporal Said Mohammad, Captain Gandhi Nathan and Tun Fuad's eldest son, Johari Stephens.

The cause of the crash is still a mystery, but I don't really wanna dwell too much on creepy government secrets that I'm better off not knowing. What I'm really sad for is, apart from my ignorance, the fact that the deaths of those leaders affected Sabah's history in more ways than one. What could have happened to us if Tun Fuad still lived until today? But that question, sadly, will remain unanswered. We can only imagine.

So, in memory of the lost souls, the 36th anniversary of the tragedy, and the confirmation of my absolutely incompetent egoistic self, I dedicate this humble post to the Double Six Tragedy.

Rest in Peace beautiful souls. The reason I am living in a peaceful Sabah today.


No comments:

Post a Comment