Wednesday, January 13, 2010

my aki and nene lintuhun

Morning all..it's a thursday,meaning tamu time. When ever i'm home, i make it a must to go to the weekly tamu here with my nene. BoldAs a matter of fact, she's the one making sure i go with her at least once,haha. Growing up, i've never really trully appreciated the meaning of the tamu. I would hate soo much if my mum asked me to go with her. But since i started studying in KL, i realised how much i missed the simple life. The tamu was like a place where i could meet and greet everyone that i haven't seen in a while. Back to my story.

So today i went again with nene. Like usual, she would stop frequently to greet those she knew, a very common thing around here. But one question always bothered me, or rather, amused me. Everytime they meet, they would ask "kau pigi tamu ka?". And i would stand there asking myself.."bukan diurang di tamu suda ka ni skrg?".HAHA.But i guess,that's part of life here. I love watching these old people, living life. I wish i would be able to have such a peaceful life when i'm older.

After tamu, we went and had breakfast with aki. Somewhere in between, while eating, it struck me. My whole life, my grandparents have become a huge part of my life. I'm soo used to having them around, i don't know how i'll be when they're gone. I know it's not nice to think of them gone while they're still pretty much alive, but i just can't shake off the thought of not having them. I wanted to cry right there at the table..haha..but, that's life, right? Nothing is permanent in this world. Like it or not, they'll leave me someday, and i know it would hurt sooooo much. So in the meantime, while they're still around, i'm gonna make the most of my time with them.

I love my grandparents so much. They pretty much raised me. I'm making it my mission to make sure they have a wonderful, peaceful and easy life in their remaining years. Now i feel like crying again,with my aki right beside me watching Aruna.haha.

xoxo,
misspatrique

No comments:

Post a Comment